10.15am Morning Worship Service is now Church Online
You can still join us on YouTube and Facebook
Under current Covid circumstances we are not open for public in building worship. Please join us online on our YouTube page
Join us at 9am on YouTube and Facebook for our service for kids online.
If you would like make a one-off gift or set up a regular donation to St Mary's, you can do so here.
St Mary is a lively, multi-cultural and community-based church. Our congregation is largely from the local community and we seek to worship the trinitarian God and serve those we live amongst. As a worship community, we hold to the following values:
in speaking and living of the love of Christ Jesus.
in serving our community and places of work with the love of God the Father.
in reaching new people and places with the Good News in the power of the Spirit.
Sunday morning service
Our 10:15am Sunday service is live from the building and streamed via YouTube and Facebook. We have started to gather on a new church hub called church online. You will see a tab for this at the top of our web page. You can gather for our church service using this tab.
Our services are lively and informal, with a loosely evangelical feel. We follow simple and modern liturgy from the Church of England and mix modern songs with traditional hymns. All are welcome. We have Communion twice a month.
Church at Five
We are not currently running our youth and children's provision at 5pm in the building, but hope to do this soon. This is a much more informal worship service designed for children and young people. We use action songs, creative activities, prayer spaces and other interactive worship ideas designed to meet all ages and learning styles. Children under 7 must be accompanied by an adult.
We are committed to safeguarding children, young people, victims of domestic abuse and adults at risk. The Parochial Church Council (PCC) has adopted the Church of England’s policies and best practice on safeguarding which may be found on the Church of England’s website.
If you have a safeguarding concern please contact one of the following:
Our Parish Safeguarding Officer, Dawn Wakeling by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Church Wardens, Elaine Clarke and Joanna James on 0207 2811459.
Our Vicar, Rev Tamsin Merchant on 0207 2811459.
Other helpful telephone numbers are:
Diocese of London Safeguarding Helpline: 020 7932 1224
Childline: 0800 1111
Family Lives: 0808 800 2222
Project 31:8 Helpline: 0303 003 1111
NSPCC Helpline: 0808 800 5000
Formal statement adopted by the PCC
Every person has a value and dignity which comes directly from the creation of male and female in God’s own image and likeness. Christians see this potential as fulfilled by God’s re-creation of us in Christ. This implies a duty to value all people as bearing the image of God and therefore to protect them from harm.
* We accept and endorse the principles set out in ‘Safeguarding in the Diocese of London’.
* We commit ourselves to nurture, protect and safeguard all our members, particularly children, young people and vulnerable adults.
* We recognise that safeguarding is the responsibility of the whole church community.
* We undertake to exercise proper care in the selection, appointment, training and support of those working in both paid and voluntary positions with children or vulnerable adults, including the use of Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) disclosures and making appropriate referrals to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
* We will respond without delay to concerns or allegations that a child or vulnerable adult may have been harmed, cooperating with the police and social care services in any investigation.
* We will challenge any abuse of power by anyone in a position of trust.
* We will seek to offer pastoral care and support to anyone who has suffered abuse, developing with them appropriate pastoral support.
* We will seek to offer pastoral care and support, including supervision and referral to the proper authorities, to any member of our church community known to have offended against a child, young person or vulnerable adult.
The PCC of this Church agreed and adopted the above Policy at its meeting on 15/07/2019.
St Mary Hornsey Rise
This policy is for non-role holders at St Mary.
To read the policy in full please read the pdf